Last updated on 2019/09/26
Quick post! I just wrapped up talking about the category tags and realized that I have already created two of them! Therefore I needed a quick post calling them out so that I don’t mess up my goals before I even get going with them.
So here we are. As this is a quick post, I will quickly try and define why each of these categories is important to me:
#philosophy – these posts are intended to present my philosophy and ideas in a logical manner that explains what they are and why they are important to me.
#goals – this posts are a way of calling myself out to hit some targets and expectations in the future. If I am doing this right, then each goal is like a single pass/fail metric that I can revisit and evaluate the outcome in the future.
There – short and sweet – but let’s go for the bonus round! The following challenge isn’t one that I came up with but instead read about somewhere. Unfortunately, I don’t know where I saw it so I can’t give credit here, but here is… *drumroll please* ….
The Wikipedia Philosophy Challenge
- Start by searching any random term on Wikipedia
- In the main body text (not the italicized other uses section) look for the first link
- Click on the first link for this article and every other article that you go to
- Eventually you will end up on the Wikipedia article for Philosophy
Don’t believe me? Try it! I randomly picked the Times Square article to double check this:
- Times Square
- Midtown Manhattan
- Boroughs of New York City (link text is “borough”)
- New York City
- List of United States cities by population (link text is “most populous city”)
- Municipal corporation (link text is “incorporated places”)
- Local government (link text is “local governing body”)
- Public administration
- Public policy (link text is “government policy”)
- Executive (government) (link text is “executive branches”)
- Legitimacy (political) (link text is “right”)
- Political science
- Social science
- Discipline (academia) (link text is “academic discipline”)
- Object of the mind (link text is “imaginary”)
- Object (philosophy) (link text is “object”)
Idea!!! I want to start a project to learn about some different technologies and I think I just found my first project! Coming soon to a blog post near you!